1958: Dancing with Fear is a parser-based interactive fiction, set in a Caribbean republic during the Cold War.
- Ranked 8th (of 79 games) at the international Interactive Fiction Competition.
- Play it online here
Play as the glamorous but doomed vedette Salomé Vélez,a former cabaret star fallen on hard times. Torn between her love for a smuggler, the lust of a corrupt policeman and the machinations of a Soviet intelligence operative, the protagonist navigates the dangers of a high-society party on the eve of revolution. Untangle a mesh of political intrigue, romance and betrayal, and find your final destiny in one of six endings.
Dimension Drive is a space shooter featuring a unique dual battlefield gameplay that lets you teleport from one dimension to the other.
- A space opera plot: a story of heroic revenge and a secret of galactic proportions.
- Made extensive changes and corrections to the original narrative design.
- Also responsible for the Spanish localised version.
Bertram Fiddle is a classic point-and-click graphic adventure full of quirky humour and devilish puzzles. The adventures of Bertram Fiddle (Leading Victorian Explorer and sometime soap salesman) continue in this second chapter.
- In charge of the Spanish localisation, 40K+ words of puns and wordplay.
- More memorable jokes than you can actually remember + a few worth forgetting
Immortal Redneck is an FPS set in Egypt with rogue-lite elements. Play as the titular Redneck, lost in a frantic nightmare of alien-filled pyramids and bullet storms.
- Created a personality for the titular, unseen protagonist.
- Written 250+ dialog lines, tailor-made for voice-over in mock Kansas slang.
- Provided detailed instructions for voice talent on tone and delivery of dialogs.
Sitcom Valley is an RPG/time management game based on the classic TV sitcoms of the 90s. As the protagonist of a failing show, you have to fend off the hordes of neighbors, friends and other weirdos who try to get into your flat, armed only with your deranged wits, your cutting one-liners and LOADS of canned tracks!
- General concept and character design, each with their own quirky personality.
- Hundreds of oh-so-90s dialog lines in the venerable Seinfeld tradition.
- Different season endings depending on player choices during each chapter.
Nightwards, Heartwards is a little experimental game created in collaboration with Dustin Connor and Florencia Minuzzi from Tea-Powered Games.
- Developed from scratch in under 3 days for the Ludum Dare 38 game jam.
- A meditative game about exploring your inner self by traveling oneiric landscapes.
- Find fellow travelers, create links with them, change your mind and heart in order to meet the challenges of everyday life.
- Available for Mac and PC for free at the Tea-Powered itch.io website
Pharaonic is an action RPG set in Ancient Egypt, now on Steam.
- Created the overall narrative arc for the game.
- Developed in-game general lore from scratch.
- Designed stage bosses to fit in with narrative design.
- Designed a few quests in collaboration with the game designers.
- Created over 50 NPCs with 100s of dialog options, including variable quest lines.
“Isle of Aeaea, the eastern Aegean. 3,500 years ago.
In the northern wastes, the Achaeans have a new and warlike chieftain. Palace after palace is falling to his armies. On the shores of Crete, the Minoan civilisation awaits at the eve of extinction. At her sanctuary of Aeaea, the cunning Circe struggles to coordinate a political counteroffensive… And somewhere in the sticks, a young Minoan priestess named Ariadne wakes up to a hangover of mythological proportions.”
Ariadne in Aeaea is a parser-based interactive fiction created as a prologue to my upcoming game Mistress of the Labyrinth. It presents the titular Ariadne two years before the epic events of MOTL, when she was still a novice priestess.
- Play as the mythical Ariadne, a young Minoan priestess with other things in mind.
- Explore the Isle of Aeaea, Circe’s sanctum – and meet the High Priestess herself.
- A light-hearted story of espionage, politics and debauchery in the Bronze Age.
- Placed among the top 15 games at the prestigious IFComp 2016.
So say your prayers to the Goddess, reign in your hangover and play it here.
Pilgrimage is a parser-based interactive fiction that you can play online for free here.
“Leave Rome in the dead of night. Pursue an hermetic quest throughout Medieval Europe. Find arcane knowledge or utter despair. Blessings of Babylon.”
- A text-based personal voyage in search for redemption and wholeness.
- Designed, coded and written the game from scratch using Inform 7.
- Completed in under 1 month for the Interactive Fiction Competition 2015.
Forgotten Kodama is a 3D action puzzler developed by Hugging Cactus Studios.
“This is a legend long forgotten – A tale once passed down by humans… for humans used to cherish living things, before the grey dullness of our times. […] May this legend never fall into oblivion. May your heroic deeds never be forgotten. For this is the tale of how you saved us, Uzume…”
- A moody, melancholy atmosphere based on Japanese myth.
- Best Student Game at the Spanish Industry Awards 2012 (Gamelab Conference).
- Best Game at Three Headed Monkey Awards UPC 2012.
The Revolution Will Be Streamed is an indie turn-based strategy game set in a dark fantasy universe.
- Overall concept for a new IP and universe.
- Writing of all in-game text, including UI, dialogs and lore.
- In charge of the Spanish localisation of the whole game.